RAF Chinook crash: 29 shot through the head!
by Peter Eyre on 13 Jun 2011 2 Comments

Dramatic events have taken place, leading to another visit to the local Derby Police HQ at St Mary’s Wharf, Derby. On Thursday 19 May 2011, I received a communication via my web page that confirmed what I had been told by Ms Tara Andrea Davison some months ago that the crash of Chinook ZD576 was an inside job.


That communication was as follows:

01 - Name = AB

02 - Email Address = Hidden to protect the informant

03 - Your Message = AB reports that the Mull of Kintyre Chinook accident was done by an assassination hit squad. 

You are correct Peter, FADEC is just the smoke screen. The pathologist, a “she” who carried out an examination of all the bodies, reported at that time that they all died from extensive gunshot wounds. 

The weather was VFR! 

The Tara story almost half confirms this. “Thing are not going to plan.” 


I really was not prepared for this message after such a long time, but discussed with my friend Gordon Bowden (ex Royal Air Force) and decided to attempt to get more information before we decided what to do. I sent a brief message back to the informant to gain a more in-depth understanding and also to authenticate its contents.


On Friday 20 May 2011, I received further communication and eventually got in touch with the person concerned for a full brief. Gordon Bowden and I decided we would go to the police and open our previous file with this additional input (Incident No 620 07/10/2010).


On 21 May 2011, we went to Derby Police HQ at St Mary’s Wharf, Derby and got to speak to a civilian dealing with front desk enquiries. This exercise was frustrating as we had to start from the beginning and there were no police officers available to deal with this report. I explained the information is vital as it now involves the possible murder of 29 people who died in the Chinook crash at the Mull of Kintyre. I explained that DC Ahmed had dealt with this case and handed it over to the MoD for further investigation (which I was unhappy about as MoD/RAF had covered up the investigation in the first case). We were told to return on Monday and speak with Special Branch. We explained we needed this information to be logged for our own safety; reluctantly he accepted our information and gave us a receipt.


On Monday 22 May 2011 we returned to the Police HQ and found no one available. We waited, and eventually two detectives agreed to see us, but their initial mannerism was abrupt and to some degree sarcastic. We went through the entire case; they told us to pass the information on to the review committee dealing with the second inquiry; that our case is closed as it was handed over to the MoD.


I explained the police are now very much involved, if this information is correct, as it involves the murder of 29 people. I said I know about the review committee and intend reporting this to them, but first I need to lodge it with the local police. They reluctantly agreed to take the evidence and enter it in the file, but then the file would be closed!


Later that day, I emailed the Mull of Kintyre Review Board all the communications I had exchanged with my informant and the details given the police. On Tuesday 22 May 2011, I got acknowledgement from Mr Passa for and on behalf of the above committee.


Below are the communications that were sent to Mr Passa at the Mull of Kintyre Review; some information has been removed to protect the persons concerned


Fw: RE: Chinook Part 2

Monday, 23 May, 2011 17:16


To Alexander.Passa@scotlandoffice.gsi.gov.uk, Ada.Munns@scotlandoffice.gsi.gov.uk

: Cc rafbowden@yahoo.co.uk, peter.eyre7@btinternet.com


For the attention of the Mull of Kintyre Review Board


The Rt Hon Lord Philip, Rt Hon Malcolm Bruce MP, the Rt Hon the Lord Forsyth of Drumlean and the Rt Hon the Baroness Liddell of Coatdyke.


Ladies and Gentlemen

You will recall my submission sent to you regarding the accident of Chinook ZD576 2/6/1994 and the information that I had received by telephone from an ex government Intel Operative Ms Tara Andrea Davison (the contents of the telephone call were noted by the Derby Police HQ, St Mary’s Wharf, Derby under incident number 620 dated 07/10/2010).


In this report I highlighted the following:

Why wasn’t the possibility of inside or outside sabotage or external control of the aircraft looked at more deeply? This had been discussed at other aircraft accidents but did not play a significant part in this inquiry. The status and importance of the passengers onboard would have certainly made this a distinct possibility.


In regard to the latter i.e. that of sabotage; I have myself received vital information, from a very senior ex intelligence officer, that this was an inside job. It was during a very lengthy conversation on the 4th of August 2010 that this person disclosed that the Chinook was not an accident but one that had been planned from the office where the intelligence officer had previously worked (this person was not involved)..


You will also recall as per my communications below that I said the following:

Regarding my previous report to you (as delivered by hand) and subsequent emails on the subject of the review of the Chinook accident at the Mull of Kintyre.


Would you please confirm that you will make arrangements for the informant Ms Tara Andrea Davison to be questioned regarding her comments made to me “that this was an inside job” etc to have this aspect of the accident cleared up once and for all?


It would be extremely unprofessional not to do so.


I also passed comment about the TV interview carried out by the Strathclyde Police on the night in question when they gave a strong emphasis that there was nothing suspicious about this crash and that it was clearly a terrible tragic accident etc.


My response to your team was that the Strathclyde Police had no jurisdiction or authority to make such a comment as this was clearly not a police matter and should have been left the aviation experts that were called in to investigate the crash and the circumstances leading up to it.


I have now received a very important communication from a person who at this stage wishes to remain anonymous that strengthens the first report that I received from the Intel Operative i.e. that this was an inside job.


Below is the wording of that communication as it was received:

Time of receipt - Thursday 19th May at 1952 Local Time

To Peter Eyre

01 - Name = ABt

02 - Email Address = f

03 - Your Message = AB reports that the Mull of Kintyre Chinook accident was done by an assassination hit squad. 

You are correct Peter, FADEC is just the smoke screen. The pathologist a “she” who carried out an examination of all the bodies reported at that time that they all died from extensive gunshot wounds. 
The weather was VFR! 

The Tara story almost half confirms this. “Thing are not going to plan.” 


I responded to this by sending the following:

Sent Thursday 19th of May at 2043 Local time

From Peter Eyre 

To F 

It is rather strange because this morning I was actually thinking about that... the fact that some could have survived and they would have had to do this... how can you authenticate this... how did you know the coroners report or have access to it... I presume you are in Scotland and how come this has now been let our the bag before... I know it was an intended crash and I know that the navy seals are also on the island with some very secret testing facility etc... please feed more to me if you can




The following was F.......... response {emphasis added}

Received Friday 20/5/2010 at 1208 Local Time

From F

To Peter Eyre


Good Morning Peter,

It’s the old story… It’s like trying to drown the rubber duck in the bath and eventually you get fed up and it pops up to the surface… truth always comes to the surface.


The whole incident just doesn’t add up. Flying top brass from Belfast to Fort George or Inverness for a meeting is strange. Why Inverness? Fort George is the barracks for the Black Watch. The military must have secure locating in Northern Ireland, so why Inverness. If they wanted too meet on the UK mainland why not Blackpool or Prestwick London for that matter. It’s ridiculous going to Fort George.


The mode of transport is also suspect. Chinook is a very capable aircraft but it’s slow and noisy. It would have been cold down the back. Why were these senior people being headed into a cattle truck, when they could have flown BA to London? Or BA to Edinburgh? The HQ for the army in Scotland is two minutes from Edinburgh Airport, it must be secure; no Fort George was the destination so that they had to fly over the Mull of Kintyre.


The weather was VFR. The RAF wouldn’t operate to these regulations but the Met man does and so this gives us an indication of the weather.


VFR Flight Rules.

Below FL 100

5 km flight visibility, 1500m horizontally from cloud, 1000ft vertically from cloud

At or below 3000ft

For fixed wing aircraft operating at 140kt or less 5 km flight visibility Clear of cloud and in sight of surface

For helicopter Clear of cloud and in sight of surface.


Any pilot regardless of his training always keeps and eye on high ground, cloud and his position with both. To suggest as the media do that they flew into terrain is stretching it a bit.


We can authenticate this by either obtaining the coroners report, or getting a statement from the woman coroner. The problem with this is that her life could be in danger. These are very very serious issues and allegations Peter.


As with everything compartmentalisation is at play here. The coroner just did her job, it wouldn’t occur to her that this was an execution. We don’t do these things in Britain do we? Remember she was a woman, I do think that’s significant. She would be thinking Army - Northern Ireland – guns - helicopters- and so these things are quite normal to her.


The Mull of Kintyre is the perfect place for this, its very remote even at the best of times. It’s interesting you say Navy Seals were in the area. I was thinking this as well. I think they were executed in the air, and the assassins parachuted out the back into the sea, and then picked up by your seals. The aircraft then flew into the hillside. I don’t think it’s possible to survive an air crash like that.


It was reported to me that the Coroner said “they all had gunshot wounds to the head”


An enquiry led by Lord Philip is taking place in Edinburgh. Three privy councilors Malcolm Bruce MP, Lord Forsyth and Baroness Liddell will make sure that we talk about FADEC and computer errors. This means the pilots can be pardoned and it’s all blamed on the humble microchip.


I then spoke with F for some considerable time who again voiced his concerns for the safety of the person who examined the bodies.... in this regard, for that persons protection we will obtain details for our own files on this review. All communications are thus duplicated and distributed to other third parties within the UK and overseas for our own protection. Certain Political figures have also been notified and media outlets, in the event of persons coming to harm.



--- On Tue, 19/4/11,

Alexander.Passa@scotlandoffice.gsi.gov.uk <Alexander.Passa@scotlandoffice.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

For the attention of the Mull of Kintyre Review Board

From: Alexander.Passa@scotlandoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Subject: RE: Chinook Part 2

To: peter.eyre

Cc: Ada.Munns@scotlandoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Date: Tuesday, 19 April, 2011, 9:21


Dear Mr Eyre,

Thank you for your email of 18 April 2011.

As Secretary to the Review I am responding on behalf of Lord Philip and his panel.


As you will no doubt be aware, the Mull of Kintyre Review’s stated policy is that any material or comment provided is done so in strict confidence. The Review will not comment on, or release any material prior to the Review’s publication. It would be wholly inappropriate to enter into any correspondence regarding any line of inquiry the Review is taking or with whom the panel has spoken.



Alex Passa

Secretary to the Mull of Kintyre Review

1 Melville Crescent

Edinburgh, EH3 7HW




I would just like to point out to all those that were in power at the time of this tragedy and the positions they held.

John Major – Ex Prime Minister

Michael Heseltine – Ex President of the Board of Trade

Malcolm Rifkind – Secretary of State for Defence




On Saturday 28 May 2011, I went over many aspects of the crash. Some remarkable information shows that this was truly a cover up with false statements being made by a Northern Ireland politician and some other strange events within Northern Ireland’s Airspace, Scottish Airspace and at the scene of the accident.


First I would like to make note of the following exchange between William Ross, former East Londonderry MP, and Mr. John Speller, MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Defence who put down a series of questions in 2001 as follows:


15 Feb 2001: Column: 191W

Written Answers to Questions

Thursday 15 February 2001

Mr. William Ross: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many Chinook helicopters were flown (a) into and (b) out of Northern Ireland on 2 June 1994; and what their flight times and routes were. [150410]


Mr. Spellar [holding answer 14 February 2001]: No Chinook helicopters flew into Northern Ireland on 2 June 1994. One flew out, that being Chinook ZD576 which left RAF Aldergrove at 17.42 hours, en route to Fort George.


Mr. William Ross: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence for how long tasking records of helicopter flights are normally retained; in what form they are stored; how long they are retained in the case of an accident; and if the tasking records of the last flight of helicopter ZD576 have been retained. [150409]


Mr. Spellar [holding answer 14 February 2001]: Tasking forms recording helicopter flights in Northern Ireland are retained for six years. However in the case of an accident the relevant tasking record for the day it occurred will normally be held as part of the Board of Inquiry papers, for as long as it is necessary to retain the latter. The 2 June 1994 tasking record for Chinook ZD576 is still retained with the RAF Board of Inquiry report.


Mr. William Ross: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many and which Chinook helicopters were stationed in Northern Ireland in the months of May and June 1994; and from which bases they operated. [150403]


Mr. Spellar [holding answer 14 February 2001]: At that time two Chinook helicopters were detached to Northern Ireland. In May 1994 these were Mk1s until 15 Feb 2001: Column: 195W. 31 May when ZD576, the first Chinook Mk2 to operate in Northern Ireland, was delivered to RAF Aldergrove, and one of the Mk1s was flown back to RAF Odiham. All the Chinook aircraft in Northern Ireland operate out of RAF Aldergrove and return there at the end of the day’s tasking.


Mr. William Ross: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence when it was decided, and by whom, that Chinook helicopter ZD576 would be used on the flight on which it crashed on 2 June 1994. [150411]


Mr. Spellar [holding answer 14 February 2001]: The flight was tasked by the Joint Air Tasking Operations Centre (JATOC) in Northern Ireland on 1 June 1994.


I would like to place emphasis on the response by Mr Spellar that no Chinooks flew into Northern Ireland on the 2nd of June 1994 and only one left which was Chinook ZD576 which departed at 1742 local time to its first position report (Waypoint A off the Mull of Kintyre Lighthouse) [emphasis added]


This statement is grossly incorrect based on the fact that another unidentified Chinook (believed to be American) appeared to come from the Aldergrove direction and flew out to sea just before the departure of ZD576; one can only assume this was based temporarily at RAF Machrihanish [emphasis added]


One 1 June 1994 Chinook ZD576 was flown by Lt (RN) Kingston, and upon return later that afternoon Lt (RN) Kingston discussed the following day’s tasking with Fl Lt Tapper. That tasking involved the movement of troops within Northern Ireland for which 6.5 hours had been allocated, the final task being the passenger flight from RAF Aldergrove to Fort George and return, to which 3 hours had been allocated. Fl Lt Tapper elected to carry out all this tasking using his own crew and consequently carried out flight planning for the Inverness flight during the evening of 1 June 1994. Fl Lt Tapper was seen preparing maps for the following day. MALM Forbes who was in another accommodation was also seen preparing maps for the next day. This aspect clearly shows the professionalism of both aircrews in preparing for the next day’s tasking. 


On 2 June 1994, Fl Lt Tapper conducted a sortie brief with his crew. Weather data was received with Machrihanish (situated just north of their first waypoint A) being borderline. The appropriate 230 Squadron Duty Officer was not available for the brief as he was at another brief involving a Puma formation, so Fl Lt Tapper left photocopies of his maps with the Duty Officers Assistant.


The passengers for this aircraft were processed through RAF Aldergrove Air Movement Section and received a safety briefing by two RAF staff (FS Holmes and Sgt Coles) who happened to be the crewmen belonging to Lt (RN) Kingston. The passengers were provided with appropriate safety equipment but their baggage was not x-rayed.


Fl Lt Tapper and crew were driven to Chinook ZD576 at approximately 1700 hours. At 1720 the passengers were boarded and their baggage secured along the centre of the cabin floor. The Chinook, callsign F4J40, took off at 1742 hours and departed on track 027 (M) ...comms was established on HF with 81SU (Strike Command) at 1746 and asked for a listening watch to be maintained. The aircraft requested to leave the Aldergrove Approach Radar frequency just before the Control Zone Boundary and concluded its ATC service with Belfast International Airport at 1747. The aircraft was not observed on radar after that time.


The aircraft was observed by several witnesses low level over the Antrim Hills heading toward the coastal point of Carnlough. At 1755 Scottish Military received a single call on their contact frequency and this call was not answered. After further investigation by myself the actual broadcast read as follows: “Scottish Military, good afternoon this is F4J40”


This is typical of calls made when entering another zone; it would have been answered by an acknowledgement and followed by any further instructions from ATC. But it was not answered and one can only assume that the crew would have called again to establish communications as it was getting close to their position report (Waypoint A). What is extremely strange is that from this moment on, there was a time lapse of approximately 4.5 minutes prior to impact and no further calls were made even though the report says that the helicopter was operating normally and was under full control. This information is critical in the investigation because this crew would have kept trying to contact Scottish Military as they were now flying in their zone with no communications to the controlling authority. Fl Lt Tapper would have kept making calls and in the event that communications were not established he would have gone back to Northern Ireland Control (his last controlling authority) to advise them that he has no comms with Scottish Military and they would then have told him to remain on this frequency whilst they check it out. A call to Scottish would then have been made to determine the problem etc.


Let’s recall the questions and answers between Mr William Ross and Mr Spellar when the latter said there was only one outbound movement of a Chinook that day – that no Chinooks came in and only one left which was the one that left for Scotland ZD576. Another mistake in this inquiry is the fact that a second Chinook was observed flying from the direction of Aldergrove heading up towards Portrush by a reliable witness; some witnesses in Bushmills (further to the east) heard the Chinook but did not see it.


Here is an account of that witness:

“My late parents and I were driving east from Coleraine towards Bushmills about 30 minutes before the crash. It had been a very wet afternoon and the sky was still very dark for the time of day. A Chinook with a [three colour] patchwork quilt style camouflage flew across our path just after we reached the top of Kilgrain hill. It was flying low in a northerly direction along the line of the Ballyversal road and by the time we reached the junction with that road the Chinook was just skimming the high ground to our left. There have been unconfirmed reports that the distinctive sound of a Chinook was heard over Bushmills.


No one has been able, so far, to explain the ownership of this Chinook or its role that day. I checked out the camouflage with someone who worked in the paint shop at RAF Odiham and he explained that this style of camouflage would most likely have been used by a special operations Chinook.” He added that the sun was breaking through the cloud to the west and was on the side of the Chinook and he was not sure if it was RAF or American as he was aware of US Navy seals operating from RAF Machrihanish around that time. One witness who was sailing offshore the Mull of Kintyre also mentioned the sun breaking through the cloud and he could see the reflection on the glass cockpit as it approached - obviously this was ZD576.


To give strength to this story I will also print the following from another report which clearly indicates another radar contact was made that remained unidentified:

-        There is taped data from a Scottish air traffic control room that shows an unidentified target nearing the Mull of Kintyre at precisely the same time as the disaster. And finally, we have been told by RAF sources that a United States Air Force team reached the crash site prior to any UK rescue unit and sifted through the wreckage. What were they looking for


Someone in Northern Ireland confirmed the same story in that when RAF staff arrived at the scene, there were other people sifting through the wreckage. One of the RAF crew approached them and asked what they were doing: the reply came in a strong American accent “We are looking for something that belongs to us.”


Two senior RAF officers at a base in Lincolnshire, one a senior communications officer, have confirmed that Americans were at the scene of the crash first. When the British servicemen asked them to explain themselves, they were told: “We are looking for something that belongs to us.” So to recap my main questions/concerns:

-        Why did Mr. Spellar give a false reply to Mr William Ross regarding the outbound movements that day?


-        Why was this second Chinook not identified as being within the Northern Ireland Zone and later the Scottish Zone?


-        Why didn”t Scottish Military make this additional radar contact information available to the first inquiry and why hasn’t the current review team received this information?


-        Why didn't the first inquiry board pick up the fact that almost 5 minutes had elapsed at a critical handover point, which meant that ZD576 was in a no comms situation? This would never happen in normal circumstances and Scottish would know their flight plan and Northern Ireland would have handed the Chinook over to them. Scottish would have called them to establish communications and likewise Fl Lt Tapper would have kept calling them.


-        As the report said, the crew and aircraft were operating normally up until nearing Waypoint Alpha; ZD576 had established HF comms with the RAF Strike Command and requested a listening watch be maintained. How come this additional back up frequency was not used by the crew? Could the crew have been incapacitated and did not make any calls at all?


-        Why was such a high profile flight undertaken without meticulous monitoring by the RAF and why were all the VIPs allowed to travel in one helicopter?


I am led to believe that two RAF Puma Helicopters were requested and refused, and that the crew was extremely apprehensive in having to fly ZD576.


I would be bold enough to state the possible events that took place that day:

-        Another Chinook (possibly US) with its own team onboard set out ahead of ZD576 and tracked up towards Portrush and then over to the Mull of Kintyre to monitor the flight of ZD576 and the actual crash (as reported, a second radar return was observed at the same time).


-        This helicopter carried the team that would go through the wreckage immediately after the crash and ahead of the RAF team. The only way this could occur was that the US team knew of the intended crash and was nearby ready to move in.  


-        This US team had no authority to enter the scene of a crash, especially when this involved an RAF aircraft with British crew and passengers. Air crash scenes become a sterile/secured area by the local police until such time as crash/emergency crews arrive and then after the investigation team takes over. Nothing is allowed to be taken from the scene prior to this and no third parties are allowed to enter. I would like to put on record that baggage and personal belongings were also removed, which is also in violation of normal protocol.


-        The statement made by the senior officer from Strathclyde Police just after the crash that there was nothing suspicious about it crash it was simply a very tragic accident alone made me deeply suspicious that this was a total cover-up as he does not have the experience or capacity to make such a statement, especially before the investigation got underway.




Further investigations into tragic incident suggest that the government had tried to pay off the relatives of the victims. Some interesting information indicated some sort of possible collusion between the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) and the British Intelligence Service as well as some possible activity by the IRA etc. It was well known that the US were applying lots of pressure on our government to resolve this rather long conflict, and it was broadly known that certain groups within the US were financially supporting the IRA.


So let’s look into the claim that some, if not all, of the relatives have received damages in out of court settlements; if so, why?


My first findings were from The Lawyer Publication as follows:

Litigation Writs 24/09/96

Four women whose husbands were killed almost two years ago in an air crash near the Mull of Kintyre in Scotland are suing the Ministry of Defence for compensation. Claims have been mounted by Elizabeth Biles, widow of Christopher Biles, of Shaftesbury, Dorset; Beverley Hornby, widow of Anthony Hornby, of Bloxworth, Dorset; Delyth Gregory-Smith, widow of Richard Gregory-Smith, of Guildford; and Jill Allen, widow of Richard Allen, of East Hagbourne, Didcot, Oxfordshire. Writs issued by Leigh Day and Co, London WC1.


I then came across an intelligence report N. 63 New Series, dated 30 June 1997: 

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has paid almost £8 million in compensation to the relatives of 17 top intelligence officers killed in the Chinook helicopter crash in Scotland, in June 1994.  The information was revealed after Delyth Gregory-Smith, the widow of an Army intelligence officer, accepted an undisclosed out-of-court settlement (believed to be in excess of £500,000) on 16 June. Twelve of the 29 claims against the MoD have still to be settled. If the present rate of compensation is maintained, payments will eventually exceed £14 million. The twin-engined, recently-modified Chinook Mk2, with 25 passengers and four Royal Air Force (RAF) crew, had been travelling from RAF Aldergrove, in Belfast, to a weekend conference of intelligence and anti-terrorist experts at Fort George, in Inverness, according to the MoD, when it failed to clear the mist-covered, 240- meter high Torr Mor on the Mull of Kintyre.


Ten Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) Special Branch members, nine senior Army intelligence officers and six MI5 agents attached to the Northern Ireland Officer, as well as the four RAF crew, died in the crash. An MoD/RAF board of inquiry blamed the crash on the “gross negligence” of the pilot Flight Lieutenant Johanthan Tapper, and his copilot, Flt. Lt. Richard Cook. 


Mrs. Gregory-Smith sued the MoD claiming the helicopter had been flying too low in poor visibility and had ascended to rapidly in an attempt to clear the rocky outcrop when the crash happened. The Chinook had been fitted with a computerized automatic pilot, called a Mission Management System, which, using a set of vectors and other flight data, allows pilots to sit back and fly by computer.


Lieutenant-Colonel Richard Gregory-Smith, of the Army Intelligence Corps based at Army Headquarters, in Lurgan, County Armagh, could have expected to reach the rank of full colonel by January 1996, and eventually brigadier. He was posthumously awarded the Queen's Commendation for his covert work in Northern Ireland. The agreement on compensation for loss of earnings and bereavement was reached as the case was about to be heard by the High Court in London. The MoD had not contested the claim, but had failed to reach agreement on the amount of damages. Later an MoD official, Ian Burnett, said his department was satisfied with the outcome, especially as Mrs. Gregory-Smith had not been required to take the witness stand. 


That basically was the end of the brief, and naturally the settlement also meant that no MoD officials were called to give evidence or face cross-examination and, as a result, the cause of the Chinook crash still has not been properly explained. Looking at the information I have since received re the cause of death and additional information obtained from people in Northern Ireland, it is very clear the MoD had something to cover up and had to address urgently urgency.


Till recently, the MoD and RAF maintained the crash was pilot error; then why would they pay out damages to all the relatives when MoD/RAF were not responsible for the accident? One should add that Boeing have said little about this accident and that evidence to date indicates this was no accident nor caused by in-flight failure. All concerned said that until arrival at Waypoint Alpha, the crew had full control of the aircraft and everything appeared to be operating normally.


I have serious doubts this was in fact the case, as previously cited evidence suggests the crew may have been totally disabled prior to this turning point and may have been dead. If so, the Chinook would have continued on its existing heading (on auto pilot) and ploughed into the high ground.


But until Ms Andrea Davison is called for questioning it would be impossible to proceed further on this new review. There are some very grey areas regarding what was a second Chinook doing in the general area; what was the status regarding a second radar contact in the vicinity at the time; why there was total failure to maintain communications with the Chinook and why 25 high profile passengers were loaded onto one helicopter.


Looking at the intelligence side in Northern Ireland, it has long been talked about that British Intelligence were deeply involved with formal bodies in Northern Ireland and with some key individuals. This relationship reportedly covered both the Ulster Defence Association (UDA) and the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC). MI5 were deeply embedded in the embassy in Dublin and Jack Phoenix who died on the Chinook played an unusual role in the conflict.


During the Northern Ireland conflict there was lots of activity by special forces that involved US Navy Seals - Royal Navy - Green Berets and the SAS, monitored closely by the CIA and MI5. One ex-SAS man revealed that they were ordered to carry out despicable, cowardly acts, killing 40 people. Stirring up trouble was the key to keeping security forces in Northern Ireland and lessening the likelihood of peace or a United Ireland breaking out. Often these clandestine operations would take out the wrong guy. 


One SAS man said there was a policy of shoot-to-kill and he believed his instructions were not coming from the SAS High Command and that MI5 ran the entire murder programme. So we come back to these black operations and ask - who was involved in the shooting of the passengers and crew of Chinook ZD576 and what role did the other Chinook play in this event?


From the little snippets of information that come my way from people who were directly or indirectly aware of the happenings that tragic day, 2 June 1994, I find it distressing that relatives of the deceased would accept money from MoD/RAF rather than pursue justice for their loved ones who died at the hands of an assassination group. Were they US Navy Seals? It is certainly suspicious that when the RAF crews arrived at the scene the crash site was overrun by Americans. We may never know how this was pulled off but the clue has to be the second Chinook and the testimony of Ms Tara Andrea Davison….


Peter Eyre, a former British Naval officer, worked at NATO headquarters, and spent a lot of time in the Middle East and South East Asia as a petroleum consultant; he lives in the UK and writes regularly for the Palestine Telegraph; his website is www.eyreinternational.com

User Comments Post a Comment

Back to Top